• Address
  • PO BOX 221, Bolton, BL1 9WN

Housing Disrepair Claims

All landlords are under a legal obligation to ensure that their property is kept in a safe and reasonable state of repair. This applies to both private landlords and housing associations.

Should your property fall into a state of disrepair it may be possible to claim compensation for any inconvenience suffered as a result of the disrepair, damage to any personal belongings or household items and any personal injury or illness that may arise from the disrepair.

It is important that the disrepair is reported to the landlord and they have been given an opportunity to repair the property. Should they fail to repair the property you may be able to make a claim to force the landlord to carry out the repairs and to claim compensation.

Common examples of disrepair include:

  • - Damp and mould
  • - Faulty electrics
  • - Cracks to the external walls
  • - Leaking rooves
  • - Cracked or rotting window frames
  • - Vermin

If you believe that you have a claim against your landlord for disrepair we will be able to carry out an initial assessment of your potential case and a member of the team will be able to advise you as to what can happen next.

We work to ensure the landlord repairs the property and will attempt to negotiate an early settlement of your case and avoid court involvement where possible.

If you believe you may have a claim against your landlord we would invite you to contact us to discuss your claim on a no win no fee basis.

For more information please call 01204 216 401 or emails info@bradshaw-legal.co.uk.